"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

pink, Pink, PINK!!

You guys, we had a PINK day today! Hooray for Valentine's Day!!

No. Not really. It wasn't a PINK Valentine's Day. It was a pink EYE day. Which was almost as fun.

Almost...I had two sick (but not sick enough to want to cuddle up with mommy and read books and watch movies) boys who will need eye drops three times a day for the next week.

Have you ever given a child eye drops? IN THEIR EYES?

Let's just say that Evan and Max were both perfecting their Oscar-worthy performances in the category of High Drama today. Three times today. And they will again tomorrow, too. (Three times....and then continue that for a whole week....)

But! With pink on the eye brain and Valentine's Day right around the corner, I decided to take full advantage and grab an old page from my Kindergarten Playbook.

While they wrapped up their morning screen time with The Magic School Bus, I raided our valentines decorations and the art cabinet and put together a few Valentine's Day Centers. I was so excited....I envisioned an entire morning of happy and engaged kiddos, pleasantly rotating among the different stations....talking, laughing, playing, learning...and just look!


Look how cute she is sorting those hearts!


And, look! Now she's making valentines!


She's almost going to touch the Gak!


 And where are the boys, you might be wondering? Oh, they joined us for about half a minute...



Until they ran off to play whatever mash-up of Star Wars and Lalaloopsies they settled into at the moment. (I'm not complaining, really. They played so nicely together today, in between wrestling matches...)

But this is how my lovely little centers spent most of the morning....






 Sigh.


 But the day wasn't a complete loss as far as Valentines were concerned....the boys made great progress on their cards for their classmates...

Evan's...

and Max's...

...and Molly made herself adorably busy with art projects of her own....


Lesson Learned:
Back to School tomorrow!
As long as that stupid freezing rain does not freeze. Or rain, judging by how quick the schools are to close around here. (I'm NOT complaining. Much.)

And if we're home again....We're setting up those centers again tomorrow and we're going to have FUN with them, damn it.

1 comment :

  1. I love the station set up! I too am a craft hoarder but I'm not sure I could match your quantity of valentine's stuff

    ReplyDelete