"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Friday, November 15, 2013

sweet, sweet acceptance

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....I love Max's preschool. I love his teacher, I love the curriculum, I love the philosophy...and today more than ever...I LOVE his, as he calls them, "schoolmates."

Max's teacher relayed to me the following exchange that she overheard between Max and one of his friends, L, a sweet girl, who appreciates a good romp through the dress-up bin as much as he does.

***

L is dressing up as a police officer as Max is putting on his daily accoutrements...fairy wings, pink sparkly tutu, fairy flower-crown, magic wand, etc.

L: Max, you like to dress up in girl clothes.
Max: Uh-huh, I do.
L: You're a boy.
Max: Yup.
L: You're a boy who likes to wear girl clothes.
Max: Yeah, I am.
L: Max, you're a special boy.
Max: Yeah, I am. I'm a special boy.

***

I want to bottle up this sweetness and light and love and keep it at the ready, just in case my Special Boy needs a little extra someday....

...but maybe....he won't.

Lesson Learned:
These times? Maybe they are a-changin'.

No comments :

Post a Comment