"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

'Twas the Night Before School....

Evan and Max, tomorrow you'll each start a new year of school. Evan, for the first time ever, you're returning to something familiar. You're a pro. And Max? Well, buddy, I have a really good feeling that we found the right fit for you this time.

On this, the Night Before the First Day of School, I'd like to offer up these wishes to the universe. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they find you...but I'll keep repeating them to you myself, just in case.

Evan and Max:

Be brave.
Be confident.
Be sure of yourself.
BE yourself.

Be kind.
Look out for others.
Be helpful before being asked.
Be aware of the needs of those around you.

Be open.
Try new things.
Be ready and willing to ask questions.
Be thoughtful.

Be friendly.
Smile. Laugh. Be as funny as I know you are. 
But save the potty humor for home, please.

Be happy. 
Come home with stories of new friends and new things you've learned and done that you can't wait to share with me and Daddy. 
Miss us a little, but not too much.

And never forget, even for a second, how much...


Lesson Learned:
It's going to be a great year. I just know it.
Love stones, for backpacks or pockets, inspired by Kelle Hampton.
The one pictured above is for Max. Here is Evan's (front and back....or back and front?):

1 comment :