"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

real magic

Evan came home from school yesterday with the book he had ordered from the Scholastic Book Club. Of course, we had to read it right away. Twice. After the second reading, he turned the last page to see the other titles in the same series of books.

"Lego City," he read, "Fight this Fire." Then he looked up at me, quite pleased with himself and his reading.

I pointed to a word: "What does this say?"

"Fight," he answered correctly.

"Hmm....but it looks like it should say fig-hut." I feigned, "How did you know it says 'fight'?"

"I just looked at it and I just knew it. I didn't sound it out, I just knew it."

"You didn't sound it out, huh? You just knew it? You know what that's called, buddy?"

"What?"

"That's called READING."

Lesson Learned:
No red suit or white fluffy beard needed for that kind of magic.

No comments :

Post a Comment