"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BLW and tactile exploration

Last night, we ate chicken and lentil green curry. I thought that was a little much for our just-starting-out girl, so I set aside some plain lentils for her taste and tactile dinnertime exploration. She dove right in with her hands, touching them, spreading them out, squishing them...



Hugging them?



And she loved it! But I don't think a single one made it into her mouth. But it's all part of the process...


Lesson Learned:
She also had some sweet potato fries. I had cooked a bunch of naked sweet potato fries a week or so ago for dinner. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, I put the left-over fries in a single layer, careful not to let them touch. I placed the tray in the freezer for a few hours, then took the flash-frozen fries and put them into a Ziploc freezer bag. When I'm not preparing a BLW-appropriate veggie for the family dinner, I can pop a couple into the microwave for 20 seconds or so for a quick and easy meal for Molly.

No comments :

Post a Comment