"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

the truth is....

...six months snuck up on me Big Time.

I was, like, whaa?!
...I have only completed through February in her First Year Scrapbook. She was born on February 21st. Therefore, I have scrapbooked eight days of her life. 

....she's still coming into our bed at night. And I'm not ready to get her out for good. The other night she stayed in her crib until 4am. I missed her.

...she's a sassy thing. My two favorite new faces are that coy grin....


...and the stink-eye.


...she's movin'. And there's nothing cuter than watching her stick that little butt up in the air in her army crawl stance. And, yes, maybe I lure her across the room with a platter full of forbidden legos....


...but I reward her with a pile of more appropriate toys. Just don't try to offer this girl "baby" toys. She wants trucks, duplos, and buddies....anything her brothers are playing with, actually...


 ...she's six months old, but this is as close to eating "real food" that she's been...

the bowl is empty.
 ...and the only reason she's even in the booster seat is because, the day before she turned six-months old, I tripped over it in the basement storage room. I saw it and realized that, by this age, Max had been sitting in it at the dinner table with us for two months. Whoops.

We started feeding Evan pureed foods the day he turned six months old. Max was practicing Baby-Led Weaning within a week of his big day. But not this girl. We plan to continue with BLW with Molls...someday. In BLW, it's imperative that babies are able to sit, completely unassisted, before they are offered solids. She's close, but not there yet. And she's not showing a huge interest in our food. And....you know what? I'm not going to rock this boat. My baby will sit when she wants to sit and will eat when she wants to eat. I'm going to enjoy these last few pre-food weeks of this girl's sweet milk-breath while I can....this last moment in our lives when she is completely dependent on me for nourishment and comfort....I know that this sweet time is coming to a close so I will relish in it...

Lesson Learned:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: SLOW DOWN, TIME!

No comments :

Post a Comment