"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Saturday, August 18, 2012

small town saturday

Since we were all up super early anyway this morning, we decided to walk to our local farmer's market.
Yup, I said "walk." As in....


It's a tiny, cute little farmer's market, with eight or ten booths of locally grown veggies, homemade breads and sweets, handmade jewelry, pottery, soaps and crafts. There was even a guy selling, I think, handmade walking sticks out of his trunk. I'm not exactly sure if he was an official part of the market or not, now that I think about it....


Our first stop was here, where we picked up some tomatoes, corn, and peaches. The watermelons looked super tasty...but we had walked to the market and that's an extra five pounds for Sam to push all the hilly way home...



I wanted to get a picture of the farmer who was running the stand. He looked like he had been perfectly cast to play the role of Small Town Farmer's Market Vendor. He was already giving me a curious look as I was taking pictures of his produce though, so I refrained.

After the produce stand, we stopped by the breads and sweets table. Everything was homemade by the sweet Mennonite girl and her mom who were running the stand, and everything was labeled for allergens! We bought some zucchini bread, which we ate before lunch, and a blueberry muffin that didn't even last that long....



As we perused the other tables (and trunk), Molly flirted with all the old men and ladies by peeking coyly out of the pouch...


And then, on the walk home, we saw this...


Lesson Learned:
For real? Pinch me. Again.

No comments :

Post a Comment