"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Max's Blue Period

It was very quiet in the playroom. Too quiet, considering Max had been in there for several minutes unattended. I went in to peek and saw him working on this:


At the time, it was unfinished. He held a blue wipe-off board crayon in his hand, but stood several paces back, considering his work. He approached the board and added a few more strokes to the upper right corner, then again took a step back. He continued to do this several more times and then he turned around to call me. Seeing me already standing behind him startled him, "Oh! Hi Mommy! I'm gonna call you and see my pretty picture!"

"It's beautiful, babe!" I gushed, "Tell me about it!"

"It's blue," he began, "and an X..."


"...and more blue. Lots and LOTS of blue."

I told him how much I loved his color choices and then we left the playroom to find his brother. About 10 minutes later, he stopped what he was doing and ran right back to the playroom saying, "One more time blue."

He popped his head out, called me in to see, and, with blue crayon still in hand announced, "There. All done now."

Lesson Learned:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. My Maxwell? He's an artist. He's even developing his process. I just love this kid.

No comments :

Post a Comment