"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

to record for posterity...

...and to look back to when my boys are older and I find them fighting like Muhammad Ali and....wait. Ummmm....Joe Frazier? That's another boxer, right? Anyway, you get my point.

I wanted this moment from today recorded somewhere and here seems like the best place to do it.

The three of us were upstairs playing on the boys' climbing/slide thing. Max, who is trying so hard to Do Everything Himself, went down the slide a little too fast and stood up a bit shaky and whimpery. Evan went over to console him and gave him a really sweet, really gentle hug and kiss. This cheered Max up immensely, who hugged Evan back and was all smiles once again.

Evan looked at me with a huge, proud, Big Brother smile on his face and said, "I filled Max's heart with all the love that I had and it made him happy."

Lesson Learned:
I just love this kid.

No comments :

Post a Comment