"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Sunday, May 23, 2010

hat head

For some reason, as soon as my babies can sit up by themselves, I have this uncontrollable urge to put things on their heads. I can't explain it, I just find babies with "hats" to be very adorable and funny. It's genetic. When my older sister was a baby, my dad apparently put things on her head, too. It continued with each of my seven siblings. Some of the memorable hats, the ones that live on in Keenan Family Folklore are the dishtowel hat, which was known as the Queen of Sheeba hat, and the empty coffee-maker box, which was known, obviously as The Grand Percolater. Like I said, I can't explain it.

In no particular order, here are:

Tiny Oven Mitt:

(with apologies to my son, who will forgive me...)
Sister Mary Clarence:

Rainbow Block Head:


Princess Leia:
Punky Mohawk:
Ring Head:


Lesson Learned:

Maybe this is why Evan refuses to put on his bike helmet.......

No comments :

Post a Comment