"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e e cummings

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

the beginning

I make up stories to tell my little boy at bedtime. I write essays for magazine-run writing contests with no intentions of actually submitting them. I get a little rush when my high-school- and college-aged brothers and sisters ask me to edit their papers. I was that kid in college who did the secret, internal happy dance when I saw "three 10-page papers" on the list of class requirements at the beginning of the semester. (Bet you didn't even know there were those of us out there.) I'm a wannabe writer.

I'm also the proud mom of two of the most handsome and hilarious little boys. They give me reasons to laugh out loud and, because of them, I really do learn something new everyday. In the three fast-as-lightning years I've spent in this role, I've learned enough to know that once you think you've got it figured out, the rules of the game change entirely. Parents are, in the truest sense of the words, lifelong learners.

So I'm a proud mama that likes to write: this blog was inevitable. Stay tuned for stories and pictures as we share how we live, what makes us laugh, and lessons we learn along the way.

No comments :

Post a Comment